All 8 art Reviews

The Place I Once Knew The Place I Once Knew

Falling asleep dreaming that one day I will live in a antiskill dystopian future.
Then I wake up.

Put me back in, god please. Don't take away my neon signs and nightclub shootouts.

One of your best.

YakovlevArt responds:

Haha, very poetic, I love it.

Thanks a lot!

[032] A New Discovery [032] A New Discovery

Sick
Love the scope of it. Seems huge using the explorer as a scale. His shadow is great. I don't try to think about what it takes to create this.
One day we will set foot on exotic alien worlds. Till then we can enjoy your art. Soon my friend...

Mars Mars

When first seeing this I thought the surface of mars looked just like it was supposed to look. Wide brush strokes, little to no detail. sits just fine with me.

The lighting on the underside of the (space station?) is great. I love those two cables that are stretched out. The little ribbing details on them really make them look like banded cable wire. Such a subtle detail that makes it look so real. I can only hope this will be reality soon. I want off this ride.

YakovlevArt responds:

Haha, well I'm glad. And you're right in that those little details really help in the overall image and believably of the space station.
Thanks for the kind words and great review.

Tank goes BOOM! Tank goes BOOM!

I would drive that during the Apocalypse easy. This is why Fallout needs vehicles. Everything from the treds to the ground looks fantastic. Its also a nice shoutout to newgrounds. You have alot of fans here and the sites lucky to have you.

Martin Garrix Martin Garrix

Never stop m8, never stop.

Fantastic. Those sky scrapers in the background. The Lighting, the shading. Looks like hes leading a revolution. "Let it begin"

All those pieces of floating material reflecting off the light, reminds me of a lot of your other works.
Funny I was just re-listening to metropolitan man when I decided to check newgrounds and found this. Glad I did.

Heavenly Heavenly

Love those reflective triangles in the sky.

incredible.

YakovlevArt responds:

Thanks man. That was a nice touch to add abstraction.

GoTh: Say 'Whore' Again... GoTh: Say 'Whore' Again...

Hahahaha

Dragon Hunting Dragon Hunting

How you can make this is beyond me. So amazing to see things like this in the modern day.

True story right here. Working for a energy drink company delivering boxes of the product to several locations around the city. End up running around to a few party spots and music halls with lots of people. End up in this apartment in Manhattan where the entire floor has been converted for a art display. I'm surrounded by loads of collage aged hipsters and 40 year old lesbians who are all admiring the art. Each one of them is more hipster than the next. Quickly drop the case of the energy drink on a table and make for the elevator. Hipsters are all staring at me while smoking electric cigarettes and drinking out of wine glasses. Press my way out of the jungle of plaid shirts and 3d movie glasses from the main apartment into the hallway. Decided to take my first real work at one of the pieces of "art". Inside a glass display on a pedestal in the middle of the hallway is a talking, moving, plastic mold of a asshole and buttcheeks. Stare Dumbfounded that this is even a thing. Realize this is why these people are here.

And then theres you.
Would you ever try making a renaissance style work? Like so or in similar fashion?

I think what you could do with the style would be incredible.

YakovlevArt responds:

Hahahahahaha! What. A. Story!
That was the most funniest thing I've read in a while, so thanks for that =]

You know, I actually LOVE Renaissance art. I love everything art related from theat time period. I have this lingering want to do a giant oil painting of some kind of epic religious scene. one day.
Thanks for sharing that image, one for the "inspirations" folder =]